Friday, February 12, 2016

Dancing Frog Patch


Just finished this patch now.



Some parts of (the) making of this were pretty difficult. Like cutting the small pieces (the arms and the left leg), and sewing them in place because it was almost too hard to see where to sew. There are parts I would re-do, but I think this turned out okay. I really like it, even though it's not exactly how I wanted it to look. I wasn't gonna use "fell stitches", but because the arms are so small, going around the edges with backstitches would have been impossible.
 
It's not perfect to me, but I think it's not that bad for my first applique patch. What do you think? ;)

(Today, Feb. 14, 2016, 12:34 PM)
I'm almost done with the second one. 
I like this one better. It's a lot neater. 




(2:28 PM)

I've just added the 'notes'.

So, this time, I attached all the pieces together and the whole "frog" onto the white felt using fell stitches and then I just  sewed backstitches along the outer edge of the whole piece. It was a lot easier. 
This took less time than before and, just like I said, it's a lot neater.







If you have questions, message me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment